Business Admin Apprenticeship
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Geon family…
Do you want to pursue a career in business, but don't have the experience?
Don't worry, were here to help!
GEON is a government training provider in the North East and have an exciting opportunity for young adults that are aged 19-24, unemployed, not in formal education, and want to get experience in multiple departments within a business environment.
Geon is a training provider that access government funding to support local businesses and individuals from pre-employment services to upskilling in the workforce.
In order to fill our programmes, we need learners!
And that’s what our business is all about: our learners. Our business is centred around our learners which involves recruiting them via marketing and sales, pre-screening them for eligibility, enrolling them on programme, once on programme we monitor their progress and experience, liaise with the tutors delivering the programme, and once the programme is complete, we spec out learners to employment or further education opportunities.
In order for our learners to have an exceptional experience from start to finish we need a dedicated team working behind the scenes to ensure it all goes off without a hitch! And that’s where you come in…are you ready to get experience in each area of our business while making a difference in our learner’s lives!? Then read on below!
Duties & responsibilities…
- Answering AD responses on Indeed
- Answering AD responses on social media: FB, Insta, and LinkedIn
- Calling potential learners to pre-screen them for eligibility
- Placing learner data on a customer relationship system
- Attend and enrol learners on enrolment days
- Call, email and/or text (from a company phone) learners for outstanding information for the courses they’re enrolled in
- Work in tandem with the sales and operations team in regards to learner enrolment
- Onboard clients from start to finish
- Keep in contact with your learners following on from our programmes to offer an aftercare service.
- Learn how to use a Project Management System (Monday.com), implementing automations and time scales.
- Understand how to manage your time effectively for projects and the wider company
- Learn how to recruit potential businesses and learners to fill a sales pipeline
- Call referral partners to gain learners for our programmes
- Learn how to fully understand our programmes to sell them correctly to learners
- Learn how a sales process works via emails, phone calls, and leaflet drops
- Identify new potential businesses that Geon could be working in partnership with
- Book & Attend meetings with employers to discuss training needs and potential vacancies our learners could apply for
- Gain experience in the marketing department which covers, blogs, newsletters, social posts, website, flyer/handout content and design creation.
- Schedule blogs, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Create Reels and TikToks (you are not in these videos)
- Understand a “tech stack” which is the combination of technologies we use to build and run different aspects of our business: Monday.com, Aptem, Outlook, Canva, Active Campaign etc.
- In order for us to continue getting funding for our learners we have to follow strict guidelines which means we have requirements for our paperwork in and outside of the learner’s classroom that we have to comply with.
- Gain an understanding of what our funders require in terms of paperwork submissions
- Gain an understanding of how to be detailed, organised, and spot missing information on paperwork.
- If there is information missing on learner paperwork, get in contact with the learner to gather the information needed.
- Keep an eye on dates to ensure we submit paperwork on time and to compliance standards
- Ability to work independently, often to tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Ability to multi-tasking
- Confident with Microsoft packages including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to work with a team to complete tasks.
- Extremely organised
What you will learn…
- CV Skills
- Employability Skills
- Mindset and Motivation
- CPD Units tailored to your role with us.
- Support with English and Maths
You’ll earn these certificates…
- Information, Advice and Guidance level 2 certificate
- Customer Service Level 2 Certificate
- Travel Costs
- Breakfast, Lunch & Refreshments
- Guaranteed Interview
Job Type: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £8.00-£10.00 per hour