We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Geon family…
Do you want to make a difference in lives through the power of learning?
Would you like to join an expanding training company that really does care about learners as well as its own staff?
If you've answered yes to these questions then this is perfect for you...
Geon Training Solutions is North East training provider that tenders for government funds to provide training in the areas of traineeships, construction, mental health awareness, and functional skills (Maths, English, & digital skills).
We’re seeking a compliance officer to ensure we comply with our outside regulatory requirements and internal policies. In short, you’re responsible for making sure that our internal processes and procedures follow funding requirement rules and regulations.
The perfect person for this role has an extreme attention to detail, asks several questions to fully understand what is expected from a funder, aligning all internal processes and people to ensure we’re aligning with funding rules and regulations. In addition, we are seeking a person that is willing to work towards their industry qualifications.
Key tasks & responsibilities…
- Meet with funders to get a full debrief on paperwork requirements, take detailed notes, and brief the internal team
- Submit paperwork to funders on time
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- To manage the maintenance of financial records for each project. For example, how much funding is expected on a project and when funds are due to impact our bottom line so we can forecast cashflow.
- To maintain external and internal funding relationships, ensuring clear reporting lines and that all compliance is adhered to.
- To complete and submit quarterly expenditure and output project claims to a high degree of accuracy, ensuring that the content complies with ESF eligibility criteria, and being required to submit such claims by a strict non-negotiable deadline
- To provide specialist advice and guidance on ESF issues to the consortium on all aspects of project related activity, monitoring and audit
- To research information from both internal and external systems e.g. Register of Companies
INTERNAL PROCESSES AND STRUCTURE
- Comply with our systems and structure to align with deadline dates of submission
- Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
- To analyse data from a range of sources, to ensure completeness, accuracy and eligibility by reference to complex ESF regulations.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination, monitoring, review, development and maintenance of the administration of projects to ensure all policies (both internal and external) are complied with.
- Coach tutors, learners, and other internal team members on the compliance requirements needed to align with funding guidelines
- Communicate with the management team if you foresee a problem
- Attend management and tutor meetings to ensure everyone is aligned with funding requirements
- Educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organisation if these aren’t complied with
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- To plan, organise and prepare for internal and external project audits including ESF Article 125 and 127 audit visits. To be required to be present at such audit/monitoring visits to deal with any issues or queries that arise
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- Good educational attainment – to at least degree level or equivalent experience
- Highly organised
- Extreme attention to detail
- Willing to work with funders to understand compliance requirement
- Can work with tutors and walk them through compliance requirements in the classroom
- High level of accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role in a complex, demanding environment.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular thorough knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of developing, coordinating and maintaining office systems.