Part-Time Functional Skills Trainer/Assessor
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Geon family…
Do you have a passion for training?
Do you want to make a difference in lives through the power of learning?
Would you like to join an expanding training company that really does care about learners as well as its own staff?
If you've answered yes to these questions then this is perfect for you...
Geon Training Solutions are looking for a Functional Skill tutor to deliver traineeship programmes across the North East. We are looking particularly for tutors who can deliver English, Maths, and Essential Digital Skills, giving our learners the knowledge, skills and certificates required to access and gain employment opportunities.
Geon was founded in 2017. The founding partners worked in recruitment for nearly 20 years, they noticed a lack of quality training for employees and customised training programs for employers. These problems led to low employee retention rates, job gaps in key market areas, and most sadly, some of the best employees were being left behind simply because they weren’t trained properly.
Often in recruitment, a candidate may have lacked key training or wasn’t given the best training to truly ensure their employment success.
The objective with creating Geon Training was to always advocate for all individuals at any stage in their career and offer opportunities to individuals who never thought they could obtain a job within a specific sector. All the staff at Geon know & believe that it’s only when we have delivered the best-in-class training will our learners develop the confidence and skills to tackle their next big achievement.
At Geon, our learners are at the centre of everything we do. We’re committed to giving learners the tools necessary to achieve and succeed in life while also making a significant impact on their employers.
The role of a Functional Tutor / Assessor is to support learners, focussing on the studies of English, Maths, and essential Digital Skills.
- Hold a Functional Skills qualification.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification.
- Assessor qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Ability to develop a scheme of work to fit into existing or new programmes.
- Understand how to interpret learner diagnostic reports.
- Attend our IAG session (not always required) and sit with learners to do an ILP.
- Implement an Action Plan to Improve Performance.
- Invigilate the Functional Skills exams.
- Mark workbooks and submit to IQA in a timely manner.
- Call learners if they are late or have not arrived to class on time.
- Ability to manage learners that are at different learning abilities from E3 – L2.
- Ability to manage tech set up of a projector, speakers, HDMI cables for classroom delivery.
- Have good organisational and planning skills.
- Plenty of enthusiasm and the ability to motivate learners.
- Willingness to provide outstanding support for learners.
- Hold a recognised teaching or assessing qualification or be willing to work towards them.
Application deadline: 01/12/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£32,000.00 per year